- Full Time
- Etobicoke, ON
- 4 years ago
- Experience: Yes
- Languages: English
- Protective Gear: Safety Shoes
- Lifting Requirements: Yes
- Shifts: Days
We are looking for a welder that is experienced in TIG/MIG welding in a very dynamic and fast-growing company. You will be welding various materials such as stainless steel, galvanize, aluminum and copper in a production environment.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Clean and maintain work area during and after shift.
- Operate within standard operating procedures and job safety guidelines.
- Weld parts in accordance to engineering specifications and/or drawings.
- Complete production orders with highest level of quality and within allocated standard time.
- Troubleshoot production welding equipment as necessary.
- Perform preventive maintenance on welding equipment as required.
- Communicate with operators from other shifts.
- Turn off and lock equipment when not in use.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- Must be able to read, interpret and execute work according to engineering drawings.
- Ability to read work orders and complete tasks on time.
- Ability to change out gas cylinders, and other welding equipment as required.
- Must be able to work independently yet collaborate with peers.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Problem solving aptitude and solution-oriented approach to abnormalities.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Working knowledge of safe lifting practices.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to cross train new employees is an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds safely.
- 2+ years working experience as a welder (TIG/MIG)